Thursday, October 6, 2011

More WIPs



Progress on a image for a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic t-shirt contest. Did my best to fit all 7 of the main characters together. I like how it looks. It's not traditional MLP style. Admittedly, I'm not a giant fan of the art style of the series, but I do like some of the character designs. Particularly Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle. Then again...I do like brightly colored characters. Applejack's design is wonderful too. I hope people will like it when it's all colored up and submitted. If so, that's great. If not, at least I tried. ^^;



I'm sure this design is probably null and void right now. If the class doesn't want to use it anymore then I suppose I'll keep it and then sell him off or discard him if no one else wants him. Apparently he needs to be more "funny" (whatever that means). I did sketch up a more "humorous" version of him but in all honesty, it's just really stupid. The new one I sketched up that is...I personally like him looking threatening but my opinion counts for nothing.

If anything this class has taught me I will never do art for a job unless I can go by my own rules. So probably selling cosplay parts and props at conventions or something like that. Otherwise I'll just be selfish with my art. It'll be for me and me alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment