Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Images Currently in Progress



More progress on a request for DaggerLeonelli of her character Akio. No the shading will not end up being this dark. Once I'm done smoothing everything out, I'll change the opacity on the shading layers so that it's at a decent level. I feel bad for taking so long on this picture. It should've been done well before now. But because it's so close to being done plus I love the character and I like how this is turning out, I'll finish it up when I find the time to do so.



I needed to attempt to design some background creatures for my APS class and so since I knew that owls and dogs were animals that hung around the Mayan god Ah Puch, I made a skull dog. But the class wants some more humanoid designs, so this one'll most likely be scrapped. I probably won't even use it for anything. As much as I like animal skulls and animal skull headed creatures, I have no use for a Saluki-skull headed character.



Out of boredom, I wanted to try my hand at making an MLP character retain some of it's cartoony characteristics while making it look more like a pony. While I don't care for the show (I find it no different than a generic children's show), I'll admit that I do like the color palettes used for a lot of the characters and I like their markings/design. Rainbow Dash for one...I do like her colors and markings. So I tried to draw her. It's a different style for me so it's a bit out of my comfort zone. Just a bit. I'm not always used to working in such a cartoony style but it's fun every now and then.



As for something closer to my regular style, I've been trying to figure out which literal OOO combo I wanted to draw next. While I tried to draw Putotyra, I still can't figure out how to mix those three together well (Pterodactyl, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus). So it was between Ratoratah and Tajador. Peacock tail feathers throw me off a bit so I might draw that one next. So this is gonna end up being a Literal Ratoratah (Lion, Tiger, Cheetah).



Last but not least is what I've been working on today. A model sheet for my APS's project of the death god loosely based on descriptions of the Mayan death god, Ah Puch. This is really my first model sheet that I think is fairly successful. The side view is all inked. Then I have to do the front and back. And on a separate sheet close ups of his hands and close up views of his face for my friend who's gonna be modeling him.

No comments:

Post a Comment