Sunday, April 10, 2011

Puppy Conan Sculpt WIP



I'm not a CG artist in the least bit. But after seeing a lot of my favorite artists playing around with a sculpting program called "Sculptris", I wanted to try it. Unfortunately it isn't compatible with Macs yet. So I downloaded a program called Blender instead. Really all I wanted to do was sculpt stuff. I don't have any interest in learning to do 3D animation (or rather I have very little interest in doing so.

So as a slight reference for a future fursuit "cosplay", I started sculpting a 3D model of what my Puppy Conan mask might look like (minus the moving jaw). So far this is what I've got minus the hair. And the hair is giving me the most trouble. Mostly because I've been working with symmetry so far and his hair is asymmetrical. But I did sculpt out the back of his hair well. We'll have to see what happens with the front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment