Sunday, April 24, 2011

2 WIP's




1) A bit more Plants vs. Zombies fan art. A Repeater and Torchwood against a Road Cone Zombie. Repeater plus Torchwood is my favorite combination (aside from Gatling Pea plus Torchwood) and Road Cone Zombie...well...Road Cones protect his head!

There's very little "epic" fan art for this game so I thought I'd try my hand at it. At the least this gives me some good practice with lighting and perspective, two things I don't bother with nearly enough. This'll also be good texture practice. I've gotten the texture of grass and bark nearly down. Leaves, smooth textures, clothing, and fire are textures that definitely need some work.

I just hope all my light sources stay clear and done end up becoming muddled together.

2) A gijinka/humanoid version of my Girafarig pokesona (she doesn't have a name just yet). Just drew this one up recently as practice for "humans" (though she's not completely human...'tis just my little loop-hole for drawing people).

Definitely a drastically different color scheme here. I'm aiming for a sunset or sunrise sort of look.

Despite my discomfort with drawing people, I'm rather proud of how her pose turned out.

Hopefully I can finish both of these pictures within the week. I'll work on them one at a time though. I just kept going back and forth between the two because I really wanted to get some color down on both sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment