Friday, March 13, 2009

Realistic Vulpix for the Newbie

So I just joined up here 'cause I've lurked around and I like the site layout so I decided to join it. This'll be my site for all my better works as well as stuff I'm working on for animation in terms of storyboards and character designs. So for my first post is the current thing I'm painting: a realistic baby Vulpix.



I may be 19 but I still love pokemon for the sheer fact that they are extremely fun to draw realistically. Vulpix is one of the easier ones to render, but I hope to try my hand at some of the more difficult ones. I had a lot of references for this 'cause I haven't drawn a realistic fox before. But it was a little difficult at first to try to figure out how to render the fur. I used photos as well as 2 tutorials to try it out and I'm really happy with how it's looking so far. For people familiar with pokemon and particularly the pokemon Vulpix, you may (or not) be wondering about why she doesn't have 6 tails. Well I was reading some of the game descriptions of this pokemon and they say that baby Vulpix are born with only one purely white tail and as it grows it splits into 6. So I decided to play off of that and draw a Vulpix with a mostly white tail that's partially split in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment